Evangelical Seminary Seeks Director of Enrollment Management
The candidate for this position should provide evidence of the following:
- Graduate degree from an accredited institution; a degree in one of the theological or related disciplines is preferred
- Commitment to the beliefs, core values, and mission of Evangelical Seminary
- The ability to represent the Seminary in a professional, gracious manner, including written and verbal, electronic and personal communications
- Strategic thinking and planning skills
- A pattern of leading others toward the fulfillment of tangible goals
- A commitment to internal and external collaboration and partnership
The occupant of this position will be responsible for leading a team to ethically and creatively attain and maintain student enrollment in the Seminary at levels agreed upon through strategic planning processes. Aspects of this responsibility include partnership development, marketing strategy, community engagement, financial aid strategy, student recruitment, and student retention.
- To cooperate with the President and other members of the Seminary community to create, maintain, and develop strategic partnerships for the purpose of attracting prospective students.
- To cooperate with the President and the Seminary's marketing partners to develop and implement marketing strategies.
- To cooperate with the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and the Director of Community Engagement to participate in such events and activities that will introduce the Seminary to new constituents, enhance the Seminary's public image, or otherwise support the Seminary's mission.
- To cooperate with the Financial Aid Administrator and the Vice President of Finance and Operations to create and implement a financial aid strategy for the goal of attracting and retaining students who fit a preferred profile.
- To cooperate with the Dean of Academic Programs, the Dean of Students, and the faculty to identify at-risk students in their early days on campus and to develop and implement strategies to maximize retention.
- To cooperate with the Director of Communications in support of a comprehensive and coherent public communications strategy for the Seminary.
- To guide prospective students through the recruiting process from moment of inquiry to attendance in their first class session and to supervise others in doing the same.
- To provide strategic leadership to an Enrollment Management Team comprised of individual both within and outside of this department to collectively pursue enrollment goals.
- To provide counsel and advice to the president on other matters as requested.
- To participate in Seminary events, including but not limited to the following: "Second Monday" staff meetings, Administrative Team, convocations and other major public events, commencement, chapel services, and student orientations.
- To prepare and monitor the department budget.
This position reports to the President and supervises one or more part-time recruiter positions. It requires extensive coordination with other positions within the Seminary.
Hours and Compensation
Hours and compensation will be determined in consultation with the selected candidate.
Please direct resumes and cover letters to Ann Steel, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, by February 11, 2013.