The First Step on the Journey
Evangelical's Admissions Team
Applying to Evangelical is relatively easy, but it does involve several steps. The process is outlined in detail in the Seminary Catalog.
You can get to know us online, reviewing our admissions materials and Seminary Catalog and by visiting campus. Each year Evangelical offers a fall and spring open house. While open house is a good option, we also encourage you to consider a personal, one-on-one visit to campus. These are available on most days, but please call to set one up in advance. Come in, look around, have a bite to eat and let us answer your questions and get to know you as you get to know all about Evangelical!
Everyone is encouraged to apply as early as possible. This will give you ample time to make the necessary arrangements to transition into the Evangelical community (such as securing housing, arranging finances, registering for classes, finding employment, etc). Applying by June 1 is a good idea, but applications received after this date will also be considered. Candidates for all degrees except the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) program may begin their studies in the fall, spring or summer semesters. MFT candidates may begin their studies in the fall and should apply by April 1.
We want to get to know who you are, and what makes you tick!
Introduce yourself to Evangelical
- Complete the online application (a paper application is also available for those who prefer it).
- Compose two or three essays (depending upon your program) to tell us all about who you are and what you are planning for this next phase in your education.
- Submit a $35 application fee. Pay online.
- Have your college or university send us an official copy of your transcript.
- Ask two or three people you know (depending upon your program) to complete a reference for you. These should include a pastoral reference, an academic or professional reference and a personal reference. The application will give your more details.
- Planning to live on campus?
- What does this cost? Need some help paying for this? We offer scholarships, grants and educational loans for those who need some help. You'll need to complete the FAFSA and the Evangelical Grant application.
- That's it!